Vice President for Communications
The position of Vice-President for Communication is responsible for increasing the membership of GAU; as such, the Vice-President for Communication:
• Assumes the powers and duties of the President in the President’s absence or inability to serve.
• Succeeds to the Presidency pursuant to the GAU By-Laws.
• Assumes responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the President.
• Chairs the GAU Communication Committee.
• Recruits activists, Stewards, and GAU members to sit on Communication Committee.
• Oversees, plans, and implements internal communications to and from the GAU bargaining unit, and external communication to the media and the public.
• Utilizes, develops, manages, maintains, updates, and ensures the accuracy of all GAU Communications: email listserv, gmail accounts, GAU website, Facebook account, etc.
• Develops promotional material for membership recruitment purposes with the Vice-President for Membership and Communication Committee.
• Writes and distributes Press Releases, Op-Eds, and Letters to the Editor with the help of the GAU Communication and Executive Committees.
• Serves as the point person for the development of literature for organizing purposes, with Steward Council and Executive Committee.
• Recruits members and operates in a manner which builds organizational capacity.
• Identifies and engages potential leaders, activists, and Stewards.
See the GAU By-Laws for more information.