Steward Council Chair
The position of Steward Council Chair is responsible for the growth and maintenance of the GAU Steward Council; as such, the Steward Council Chair:
• Serves as the main contact for all GAU Stewards.
• Acts as a liaison between Stewards and the Executive Committee.
• Initiates annual Stewardship and Grievance trainings for current and incoming Stewards.
• Chairs the Steward Council.
• Organizes and recruits Stewards; maintains regular contact and communication with Stewards.
• Works to resolve Graduate Assistant grievances, as directed by the Grievance and Executive Committees.
• Recruits members and operates in a manner which builds organizational capacity.
• Identifies and engages potential leaders, activists, and Stewards.
See the GAU By-Laws for more information.